This activity is designed to provide primary care providers with an overview of cardiovascular diseases and statin guidelines:
1. Learn updates on latest 2019 ACC/AHA guideline recommendations on strategies on appropriate lipid lowering therapies and target for patient with established cardiovascular disease.
2. Create evidence-based treatment plans based on recommendations from the 2019 cholesterol guideline.
3. Evaluate representative clinical cases for the management of dyslipidemia.
4. Explain recommendations for managing dyslipidemia relative to specific disease states.
5. Detail approaches for identifying right therapeutic candidates for statins, ezetimibe and PCSK-9 inhibitors in LDL-C management, dosage optimization, improving adherence, and combination regimens.
6. Individualize treatment plans to increase population health management goals of patients receiving evidence-based treatment and achieving LDL-C goals.
7. Discuss potential reasons and big data solutions for overcoming therapeutic inertia in practice.
8. Highlight availability of specific preventive cardiology clinical services for higher risk and complex patients.
Wednesday, September 30 at 5:00pm to 6:30pmVirtual Event